Everyday someone in our community is facing a diagnosis of cancer. Coping with that diagnosis can take an emotional toll on individuals and families. At the Cancer Resource Centre, we're here to help all who are touched by cancer. The Centre offers a variety of support groups, mind-body programs, and educational resources to support the emotional healing of individuals and families. Here, area residents come together to celebrate life, gain strength from one another and get their questions answered. All of these services are offered free-of-charge; the Cancer Resource Centre supports this work through donations from the community and fundraising efforts like the annual Unite and Fight Walk & Fun Run.
We invite you to walk for those who are touched by cancer, to walk for someone you love. Know that your steps can make that journey through cancer a little lighter, and a whole lot brighter for someone in our community.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2015 Fun Run!
Overall Female Open Winner: Gabriela Lopez
Overall Male Open Winner: Brandon Hurey
Click here to download the full 2015 race results.
2015 Team Winners:
- 1st Place: People Bank
- 2nd Place: South Shore Surgical, LLC
- 3rd Place: Banking on a Cure (CFNI- Finance & Patient Financial Services)
- Spirit Award: Dataskywalkers - Data Analytics
- Banner Award: Owl Walk for You - Pre-Registration
- Team with the most money collected (without corporate sponsorship): Banking on a Cure - CFNI Finance & Patient Financial Services
2015 Individual Winners
- 1st: Austin Logue
- 2nd: Katie Hurey
- 3rd: Alice Cannon